Evil Robot Phil X Custom 214 EVR-C30 Signature Combo Guitar Amp in excellent condition and sounds great. Includes footswitch and original cover – This amp is in mint condition, we’ve only listed as excellent as it is not new out of a box.
The History of the Evil Robot EVR-C30
When millions of people watched the Fretted Americana vintage guitar videos, hosted by legendary guitarist Phil X, almost everyone was clamouring to find out “what’s that tone?!”. Phil X’s amplifier of choice in those vids was a vintage Tonemaster Troubador 214 combo: a rare late 50s tube amp.
Phil X, Fretted Americana and boutique designer John Kasha got together and bought the old Tonemaster back to life in modern form. The Evil Robot Custom 214 was born!
At first, the only Evil Robot amps available were the USA handmade Custom 214 amps. They sounded great and paid homage to the tone of the original. However, handwiring and point to point circuitry meant that the original Evil Robot was too expensive for many guitarists. But now, Evil Robot have announced this amp… the EVR-C30. It’s got all the awesome tone of the hand wired Evil Robot, but at a much lower price point thanks to PCB construction! At last, the hallowed tone of the Evil Robot can be enjoyed by many more guitarists, and audiences across the world!
The EVR-C30 is an extremely versatile amp, and you can experiment further with your tone by selectively changing the preamp and power amp tubes. Evil Robot produced a Tube Configuration Guide with tried & tested tube configurations so you can tweak the Evil Robot’s sound to suit you perfectly!
- Power: 18W/30W Class A, cathode biased
- Power Switches: Power On, 18W, Standby and 30W Operation
- Channels (2): Loudness A/B high and low
- LEOs: Loudness A and B
- Controls: Loudness A/B Volume, Tone A/B (pulling Loudness A switches between channels A and B)
- Master Volume: Controls overall volume level, maintains tone and distortion down to whisper levels
- Vibrato: Intensity and Speed
- Power Tubes: (4) 6V6 (fixed bias)
- Preamp Tubes: (3) 12AX7, (1) 12AU7, (1) 6AV6
- Speaker Output: 8/16 ohm selector, output jack wired to speaker, disengages external speaker when inserted
- Remote Speaker Output: 1/4″ metal jack, wired in parallel with main speaker.
- Effects Loop: Tube buffered, Send and Return (true bi-pass when not inserted)
- Tone Selector: Normal, Mellow, and Bright
- Transformers: Ear Tuned, Hand Wound
- Speaker: Custom speaker (8 ohm) 12″
- Chassis and Name Plate: 16 gauge steel, painted, screened and baked
- Assembly: Hand made, circuit board (2 oz copper traces, thick circuit board), quality components
- Front Jacks: (2) High and Low 1/4″ metal jacks
- Knobs: Black chicken head
- Cabinet: Birch Wood
- Tolex: Black, animal glue, finished corners
- Grill Cloth: Black Mesh
- Handle: Heavy duty black vintage style
- Accessories: Two button foot switch, controls channels and vibrato
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Dimensions: 20″L x 9.5″W x 15″H
- Cooling: Fan
- Country of Origin: China
- Serial Number: 1213234