Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire 2020 Seafoam Green
Just in at Diablo Guitars is this beautiful 70th Anniversary Esquire from Fender.
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position – the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solid body electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body – a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup – inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN – special anniversary neck plate and tweed case.
Our Esquire came to us in excellent condition with out a single visible nick, ding or scratch! While we stray away from using the term “mint” this guitar is definitely what we’d call a case queen. Obviously cherished and loved by the collector who had it previously. The factory foam wrap and tags are still on the case handle! The guitar includes all original hang tags and COA. Ships in it’s original Fender tweed hard shell case.
- Make: Fender
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Serial Number: V2092248
- Body: Roasted Pine
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: ’50 Broadcaster “U”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off), Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on), Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, preset treble roll-off) Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome