Jimi Hendrix was the quintessential innovator of modern music. A left-handed player who wielded a right handed-guitar, he rewrote the vocabulary of contemporary guitarists with the fiery tone of his “upside-down”, reverse-strung instrument. The sounds he created with his Strat informed his inventive technique—and in turn his songwriting—in a synergistic relationship that birthed a legend. The Voodoo Child Strat is your chance to directly experience the tone and essential configuration of his guitars, recreated for right-handed players by the artisans of the Fender Custom Shop.
The Voodoo Child Strat takes a multi-faceted approach to recreating the elements of Hendrix’s unique configuration, the most obvious being the reversed headstock. Reversing the headstock lengthens the distance between the nut and low-E string for a tighter playing feel, simultaneously shortening the distance between the nut and the high-E for easier bending and vibrato. The trio of left-handed hand-wound Custom Shop ’69 Strat single-coil pickups reverse the pole piece placement, creating inspiring tone with enhanced upper harmonics and definition. Reversing the angle of the bridge pickup gives it the same orientation as a left-handed Strat strung upside down, giving you all the elements of the Hendrix sound and feel for your own.
Other features include a two-piece select alder body, Journeyman Relic nitrocellulose lacquer finish, tinted maple neck with ’65 Strat “Oval C”-shaped profile, 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 5-way switching, vintage wiring, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines with Fender logo, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
This Voodoo Child Strat comes to us in dead mint condition.
This guitar is in “like-new” mint condition and was purchased as a B-stock from a Fender dealer.
It’s been freshly set up with .09-.42 strings and plays like an absolute dream. All the original case candy, floor traveler and COA are included.
- Make: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: Hendrix Voodoo Child
- Series: Journeyman Relic
- Year: 2018
- Finish: Olympic White
- Finish Type: Lacquer
- Aging: Relic
- Country of Origin: USA
- Serial # VC0021
- Condition: Mint
- Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
- Body Type: Solid
- Body Wood: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Neck Joint: Bolt On (4-Bolt)
- Neck Wood: Maple Plain Grain CC/REL
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Medium Tint
- Fingerboard: Round-Lam Maple
- Radius: 9.5”
- Neck Profile: 66 Strat Oval “C” Shape
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop ‘Authentic Hendrix’ Graphic
- Inlays: Micarta Black 7mm
- Nut Width: 1.650”
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: 21 Sanko 6105
- Pickups: 3 Fender Custom Shop Hand-Wound 69 Strat CC LH
- Pickups Covers: Vintage White
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Wiring: Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- Switch: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Hardware: Chrome/Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Fender Logo Relic
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Truss Rod: 60’s
- Knobs: Vintage White Top Hat
- Case: Fender Custom Shop Deluxe Hard Shell Case with Red interior