Gibson ES-347 in Tobacco Burst finish made in 1991. This hollow body model features a double bound Figured maple top, rims and sides with centre block body, 3-piece maple neck and a bound ebony fingerboard. Equipped with Gibson Patent Stamp humbuckers and controlled with the traditional two volume and two tone controls with a 3-way pickup selector switch but with an 2-way coil tap. The 24.75” scale length neck has a slim 60’s neck profile that I would describe as a medium-thin thickness. The gold hardware has been perfectly preserved with no pitting or tarnish. The gold Gibson branded Schaller tuning machines, a Tune-O-Matic bridge with M6 fine tuning stop tailpiece hold excellent tuning stability and function as they should.
This guitar is new old stock and comes from a very large and well-preserved collection of instruments that were discovered at an estate sale. The now deceased original owner went through great lengths to keep the guitars in mint condition including keeping them locked and hidden in a cage in their factory cases and boxes. Despite the original owners best attempts there are still minor finish flaws on this guitar from the natural aging process. This is due most likely too fluctuation in temperature and humidity. There is light finish checking on the body (see photos). Aside from the natural light finish checking this guitar is virtually unplayed with no dings or dents and is 100% original with the original brown hardshell case with pink pillow insert interior.
Freshly re-strung with 10-46 gauge strings and setup in standard tuning. This guitar has been asleep for 30+ years and is now finally ready to be played! We have added a few photos with direct lighting to show the checking which is pretty hard to see otherwise.
- Make: Gibson
- Model: ES-347
- Year: 1991
- Finish: Tobacco Burst
- Country of Origin: USA
- Serial #91421340
- Condition: Excellent
- Weight: 9lbs 3.4oz
- Body Type: Semi-Hollow
- Body Wood: Figured Maple Top, Rims and Back, with Maple Centre Block.
- Body Dimensions: 18 5/16″ long, 16″ wide, 1 3/4″ deep.
- Body Binding: Double Bound Cream
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Radius: 12”
- Neck Joint: Set neck
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Maple
- Fingerboard: Bound Ebony
- Neck Profile: Slim taper
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Headstock: Larger Bound Custom with Mother of Pearl Inlays
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 11/16”
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: Gibson patent Stamp Humbuckers
- Controls: 2-Master Volume 2-Master Tone
- Output: 1/4 mono
- Switch: 3-Way Toggle Switch, Two-Way Coil tap
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickguard: 5-ply Black/White/Black/White/Black
- Tuning Machines: Gibson Branded Schaller
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic with Tp6 Fine tune Stoptail
- Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- String Gauge: 10-46
- Case: Gibson Original Hardshell with Pink interior with Pink Pillow Insert
- Notes: NOS, Original Plastic still on pickguard, 100% Factory