Hughes & Kettner Tommy Thayer Signature Edition Duotone 100-watt Head And Cab. This amp is in excellent condition, and includes amp covers, original footswitch, COA Signed by Tommy Thayer, Tommy Thayer Signature edition amp poster, stickers and booklets.
The amp of choice for KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer.
KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer found his tube amp of choice in the Hughes & Kettner Duotone. In fact, he was so enthused to chance upon an amp so good that he put his name on a Duotone Signature Series model. It now adorns the amp head’s shining blue Plexiglas front panel, alongside his official KISS logo.
Duotone delivers to-die-for tone, but takes the one-sound-wonder of vintage amps a significant step further. When it set out to design this modern classic guitar amp head, DuoTone collaborated with an amp-tuning specialist to embrace the pros’ most frequently requested modifications. The top four demands are more tone, more attack, a tube-driven effects loop, and a clean channel that merits its name.
DuoTone went on to build the first off-the-rack amp to offer all of these special tweaks as standard features: You get supercharged classic rock tones thick enough to slice with fat, dynamic overdrive, a top-drawer clean channel, a tubedriven effects loop, and even a dual master.
Hughes & Kettner’s tube amps all have distinctive personalities tailored to individual expression. Built for tube purists, each amp head, including the Tommy Thayer Signature Amp is a no-frills, straightforward original. Each packed with quality of components and an aesthetic design.
Duotone guitar amps have a no-compromise design that deliver your favorite classic rock sounds. As its name suggests, the Duotone offers two distinct tonal worlds. There’s the rough-and-ready overdrive channel that packs a mighty wallop and the clean channel with dynamics galore. Plus, with the benefit of the overdrive channel’s boost circuit, you have enormous gain reserves to dial in everything from a touch of grit for classic rock riffing to high gain for singing leads. The Tommy Thayer Duotone amp head delivers tube tone pure and simple”even the parallel effects loop is served by a tube. There is not a single transistor in the entire signal path.
The hallmarks of the Hughes & Kettner Duotone amps are not only its exceptional sound quality but also its reliability and stage-worthiness. All amps and amp heads from the custom tube series ship with tubes that satisfy the highest standards for quality and assure maximum reliability under even the most arduous operating conditions.
- Manufacture: Hughes & Kettner
- Model: Duotone Tommy Thayer Signature Amp Head
- Headline: Classic British Tone
- Country: Germany
- Year: 2008
- Serial: 20220938
- Master Controls: Master 1, Master 1, Presence, FX level
- Overdrive Controls: Bass, Mid, Treble, Master, Gain
- Clean Channel, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume
- Switchs: Power, Standby, Boost, Channel, FX Send
- Channels: Clean, Overdrive, Boost
- Inputs: 1x 1/4 intrument, 1x XLR foot switch in (rear)
- FX Loop: 1/4″ (Send and Return)
- Outputs: Four, 1x4ohm mono, 1x16ohm mono, 1x8ohm mono or 2x16ohm stereo
- Head Wattage: 100W
- Voltage: 120V
- Preamp Tubes: Five -12AX7
- Power Tubes: Four -EL34
- Special features: 2nd lead master built-in”they´ll hear your solo
- Head Dimensions: 29.5″W x 12.6″H x 9.8″D
- Weight: Head: 53lbs
- Footswitch: Included Stageboard 3-way footswitch (FS-Duotone)
- Cabinet Model: CC 412 A 30
- Serial: 10252620
- Speakers: Four 12” Celestion Vintage 30’s
- Inputs: Two 1/4”
- Switch: Mono/Stereo
- Impedance: 4, 8 or 16ohm
- Tolex: Black Faux Alligator
- Castors: Included
- Cab Dimensions: 29.13” W x 14.17”H x 29.13”D
- Weight: 83 lbs
- Included Accessories: Head & Cab Covers, Stickers, Poster, COA Signed by Tommy Thayer, Booklets